入試制度 Entrance Examination for International Students
1）Early Admission Interviews
|Application Period||Date of Exam||Venue||Announcement of the Result||Deadline for Enrollment Procedures|
|1st||Sep. 8th – Sep 20th 2023||Oct. 7th 2023||Kobe College Online Zoom*||Oct. 17th 2023||Nov. 2nd 2023|
|2nd||Oct. 26th – Nov. 13th 2023||Dec. 2nd 2023||Dec. 12th 2023||Jan. 10th 2024|
* If you are unable to take the exam in person due to reasons such as living abroad or being hospitalized, you may take the exam online. If you wish to take the examination online, you must apply for it at the time of application.
Qualifications of Candidacy
- Women who fall under either category.
(1) Those who have graduated from a Japanese governmental-approved high school (including the second semester of secondary education school) in 2023 or are expected to graduate in March 2024.
(2) Those who have completed 12 years of school education in a foreign country in 2023 or will complete it by March 2024, or who are recognized as having academic ability equivalent or superior to them.
- Applicants must demonstrate a deep understanding of the educational goals and philosophy of Kobe College and have to enroll at Kobe College if accepted.
- Applicants must have a strong desire to study at the Department of Global Studies under the School of International Studies at Kobe College.
- Women who meet any of the following criteria with regard to English skills.
(1) Those whose first language is English.
(2) Applicants must have one or more of the following qualifications/scores in an external English language test.
|Eiken (Test in Practical English Proficiency in Japan)||GTEC||IELTS||TOFEL iBT||TOEIC L&R||TEAP|
※Score certificates must be valid as of the application deadline date.
※Eiken includes Eiken CBT and Eiken S-CBT.
※GTEC scores must be official.
- Women who fall under any of the following categories with regard to Japanese language skills.
(1) Those whose first language is Japanese.
(2) Applicants must have a score of 250 or higher in a total of “Japanese as a foreign language” (including “writing,” “reading comprehension,” “listening comprehension,” and “listening and reading comprehension”) at one of the tests among 2021 (2nd session), 2022 (1st or 2nd session), and 2023 (1st session) of EJT (The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students), or N3 level or higher at JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test). The JLPT certificate must be issued within two years of the application deadline date.
Application Materials (Please request the forms to the office)
- Application card
- Application form
- Self-recommendation letter
- School transcripts
- Original certificates or scores indicated in the application qualifications.
Application fee: 35,000 yen
Contents of Examination (both ❶ and ❷)
❶ 3-minute speech in English
Select one of the following topics and give a speech prepared on your own in English of approximately 3 minutes in length:
International Relations, Poverty, Refugees, Cultural Diversities, Language and Society, or Gender
*No slides or materials are allowed to use.
*You may bring in a speech manuscript or notes, but you will receive a higher evaluation if you give a speech without looking at anything.
❷ 7-minute interview
The examiner will ask questions based on your self-recommendation letter and your English speech. Please answer questions in English if asked in English and in Japanese if asked in Japanese.
2）The processing of our other entrance examinations is conducted in Japanese.
Please check our website for more information.
- 問い合わせ Contact Information
Kobe College, School of International Studies,
Department of Global Studies (currently Department of English)
TEL (+81) 798-51-8548